Bellingdon, Asheridge & District Horticultural Society
|6th April||7:30pm||AGM and Spring flower show|
|20th May||10am||Plant sale|
|5th September||All day||Coach trip to Wisley for their
25th Flower Show
|9th September||2:30pm||Annual Show|
|20th October||7:00pm||Social supper and quiz night|
When founded more than 60 years ago the Society’s aims were to provide a focus in the villages for horticultural and associated activity, by fostering a keen interest in good gardening practice and an appreciation of plants and garden design.
We have large classes in cookery, jam making, floral arts, knitting and needlework, as well as Children’s classes.
Membership was, and is, open to anyone, without residential qualification or age, on payment of an annual fee, currently £2 per annum (£1 per annum for Over 70’s).
Activities now are as much social as horticultural with everyone welcome, both adults and children.
Come to any of our events listed below and introduce yourself.
We welcome new members.
Our annual calendar is as follows:
- April AGM and Spring Flower Show followed by Cheese and Wine
- May Plant Sale, all grown by members
- June In association with the Village Fete – Basket Raffle & Plant Stall
- Summer Coach Outing
- September Annual Show, lots of classes for novices and experienced cooks and gardeners plus a children’s section
- October Supper Social an opportunity to meet fellow villagers and enjoy good home cooked food
- November Seed order, members enjoy discount of 50% with Dobies
- December Coffee Social to raise funds for the Village Hall
Telephone either Rachel Watts – Secretary on 01494 785322 or Tracey Ryan – Membership on 01494 775568