The Bellingdon and Asheridge Village Hall and Recreation Grounds are operated under the Charity Commission by a voluntary Management committee. The land was bequeathed by Miss Marion Thompson, a local resident, for a village hall to be erected for the local community in 1946.
The Hall is used by local groups including Table Tennis, Art Class, Horticultural Society, etc. and is available to hire for parties, wedding receptions, dances, etc. The Recreation Ground hosts football, archery, dog walkers, a children’s playground and, of course, the annual village fete – without which the upkeep of the hall would not be possible.
The committee is chaired by Alf Field, assisted by Don Baker (Treasurer); Jules Eyles (Secretary); Chris Hood (Bookings); as well as Hugh Griffiths, Lynne Priest and Helen Valvona. Please feel free to approach the committee with any concerns or questions, and do come along to the AGM in July.
The committee produces a quarterly newsletter as well as regular email communications for which you can sign up on our homepage.